CCE of Seneca County is seeking a 4-H Subject Educator
4-H Youth Development Educator
Serve as a member of the 4-H
Youth Development team to assist with planning, development, implementation and
evaluation of the 4-H Youth Development programs. Educator will be responsible
for promoting program objectives and plans in all areas of 4-H Youth
Development programming with emphasis on Animal Science, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), Natural
Resources, Workforce Preparation and Healthy Lifestyles programming
- Master’s Degree with experience relevant to
the role of the position. Bachelor’s Degree plus 4 years transferrable,
relevant, evidencebased research experience may substitute.
- Experience relevant to the role of the
to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
to meet acceptable background check standards.
to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as
- Proficiency with windows-based software
including use of the internet and Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook,
Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Excel.
- Coursework in Education, Agriculture and/or
with Cooperative Extension or other similar educational organizations.
in guiding and collaborating with volunteers.
to identify and develop volunteer leadership.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven
ability to work effectively with advisory boards and committees, community and
- Experience and ability to relate to and work
effectively with youth.
- Ability to initiate, plan, organize,
implement, teach, and evaluate informal educational programs.
- Ability to effectively participate in
professional team efforts.
- Ability and willingness to work with diverse audiences and
maintain cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to communicate effectively
through verbal, written and visual channels using traditional methods and
educational tools, as well as electronic technology (e.g., video, audio,
to identify and utilize program resources from the organization and the
- Ability to relate effectively to co-workers,
advisors, community and professional leaders.
- Ability to plan and organize personal work responsibilities
according to priorities developed with the immediate supervisor.
To apply, go to: https://cornell.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CCECareerPage/job/New-York-State-Other/Association-Subject-Educator-II--4H-Youth-Development-Educator---Waterloo--NY_WDR-00016803
Last updated October 25, 2018