Climate Change Resources
- Cornell Climate Change website: New fact sheets, videos, posters, presentations for residents and educators are posted here.
- Climate Change Scientific Reports/Assessments:
- U.S. Global Change Research Program: Various Reports & Resources. The USGCRP coordinates and integrates federal research on changes in the global environment and their implications for society, including climate change impacts in the United States.
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC): Most up-to-date international climate change assessments from the international community of scientists such as the IPCC Fourth Assessment Report: Climate Change 2007 (AR4), (http://www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/publications_and_data_reports.htm).
- National Research Council: new reports (2010) on Advancing the Science of Climate Change, Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change, and Adapting to the Impacts of Climate Change, lay out the evidence for anthropogenic climate change, advocate methods for limiting its magnitude, and strategies for mitigating risks in the face of rising sea levels and more extreme weather phenomena.
- Pew Center on Climate Change: Various Reports & Resources. The Pew Center on Global Climate Change was established in 1998 as a non-profit, non-partisan and independent organization, whose mission is to provide credible information, straight answers, and innovative solutions in the effort to address global climate change.
- Climate Change Readings:
- Blockstein, David and Leo Wiegman (Eds). 2010. The Climate Solutions Consensus.Washington, DC: Island Press for the National Council for Science and the Environment.
- Gore, Al. 2009. Our Choice: A Plan to Solve the Climate Crisis (http://ourchoicethebook.com/). Rodale Books.
- Friedman, Thomas L. 2009. Hot, Flat and Crowded: Hot, Flat, and Crowded 2.0: Why We Need a Green Revolution–and How It Can Renew America. New York: Picador.
- Hansen, James. 2009. Storms of My Grandchildren: The Truth about the Coming Climate Catastrophe and Our Last Chance to Save Humanity. New York: Bloomsbury USA.
Last updated June 9, 2015